Thursday, June 22, 2006

Session 9 - Dreamteam week 7 (it's a short one!)

Ok, so I missed week 6 whilst in Barcelona and the team has drifted back to 9th in the league, so a good performance is in order...

138 runners this week.

banksoir
BFA74
d4zzler
kirsten
mikjagger
mrlaw1

Blinds 10/20, Stack 2000
Going to play super tight to start this week - my dabbling with early aggression hasn't been paying off. Expect me to play one hand per level!

A6 o/s in the big blind - I fold to a raise (60) and reraise (180). Flop comes A64. Oh well. The players are claiming to have had KK and AA so maybe a lucky escape!

I limp with pocket 7s in middle position. Flop comes K93 and I fold to a raise.

T8 diamonds in the big blind, lots of limpers. 3 diamonds on the flop so I bet the pot (180). Two callers - Ad and Kd each I'd guess. Turn 9h. I bet 420, one caller, one raise to 840. Hmmmm. I push all-in, fold, call with A7 diamonds and I'm drawing dead. Ooops - out in 130th!

So much for being rocky - I can't even when I try...

On the bright side the footie starts in 10 minutes!

Update:

Crikey, banksy is out in 128th in nearly the exact same manner as me - flopped flush vs. flush.

Ariston out in 101 so that's -$29 on the last longer bet.

Dean (mrlaw1) out in 102nd with flush vs. full house.

mikjagger out in 87th for 40 points.

Crawfski managed to get a great muffing in when his monster J2 busted needchip's (cresta) KK!

So it's down to out illustrious captain D4zzler and Mark (BFA74) to carry the team (yet again as they are reminding me)...blinds at 150/300 and they're on and 1355 and 2250.

D4zzler out in 53rd (150 points) with KQ in SB called by 89 in the BB by the suitably named TwitT!

Crunch time for mark - blinds 150/300, 25 ante and he's on 750 chips! Good news is there are only 40 players left in it. A8 and he ships them in...BB calls with KT and hits a K. Out in 36th for 400 points, making the team total a pretty dismal 590!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home