Friday, May 26, 2006

Session 2 - A quick Sit n Go (or three)

Having an hour to kill until I need to pick up my son from cubs I've decided to play a quick £20 sit and go on Betfair.

1,000 starting chips (not ideal) and 10 hand levels mean it's not as much of a crapshoot as the turbo tourneys but not a great structure either.

Despite getting a "Doyle Brunson" I'm passing the first hand - I like to start off quite quietly and see what the others are up to first. Guy 2 to my left ("ellan") has raised this first one up - he'll be in the BB when I'm on the button so I'm kinda hoping he's not the aggressive type!

83/73/22 (I folded this in early position - I know a lot of people who'll play these but as it turns out there's a mid-position raise so I'd be folding them anyway. Normally 55 and below I won't play at a full table early on).

73/92 (my BB) 4 limpers and SB completes. AK7 flop, UTG bets and takes it down.

QJ sooooted in my SB. Min raise from 4th pos, button calls as do I. Flop 454 all red! Original raiser raises 105 and takes it down. Now A8 off on the button. Couple of limpers but the guy to my right raises so I fold. 62A flop - would have been interesting! Original raiser bets 105 and takes it.

57 diamonds. I love that sort of hand in cash games (don't know why, probably costs me money in the long run!) but I'm folding it here.

J2/QT (off) Flop 466 turn T and a big pot developing. Who has the 6 I wonder? Ah, and uncalled all-in on the river (3) means we'll never know. Ah but the comedy chat has started from the guy who folded:

richlizar: god that was boring
richlizar: take my money if u have to play like that

Ok, we will...

Q2

Now, my friend Howard claims that the main consideration for raising is position and action before him, not cards. Whilst I agree position and action are important I just can't ignore the fact that Q2 is not that inspiring a hand!

K3 - not much better.

Everyone who is losing a pot seems to be an expert tonight:

strokeit: hmmmm
strokeit: wait for flush and str8 to hit and overbet with that filth

Have to question then why did strokeit call the overbet when he had less than filth!?!

Q6/T8 and next hand it's my big blind again....time for a big pair please poker gods...

Quick note - since the first hand Ellan has been very quiet - good sign so far!

Ah no, J3 offsuit, maybe it'll get a walk...no there's a raise mid-position. 3 callers...tempting...but I fold for a flop of T8T 2 clubs. Pot 270, raise 270, fold, fold, fold and it's over. Easy game.

SB 82 off. I'm not even completing this one.

Maybe I can get AA on the button and make a button-steal like min-raise to get some action (see post from DreamTeam tournament last night where I walked into that one!).

No, J3 again! Obviously the Random Number Generator is waiting to give me a fantastic run later on.

KT in the cutoff - lots of limps - my first move. I raise to 200. Howard would be pleased. Fold, fold, fold, fold, fold. Woo-hoo and I win 165 to regain all those blinds I've folded and am at 1045. Chipleader is on 1893, then 1323, Ellan on 1060 then me. Short stack (the complainer) on 460. i.e. long way to go yet. Blinds up next hand to 25/50 and I'm given 92 offsuit.

This is a very slow game and people are starting to comment in the chat window about the lack of action - well then, time to step up a gear I guess?

Nope, even with A4 off I'm not going to do anything yet - if they're getting restless all the more chance of getting real hands paid off.

KQ off in 2nd position. UTG calls so I flat call too. Guy to my left (Markzzz) min raises - the first time I've seen him in a pot. Blinds fold and the guy to my right (ck2200) min-reraises. Don't like this so I fold (50 wasted) and the original raiser goes all-in (predictable? I think so). Mr min-reraise now decides to fold. Some people are so unobservant!

J6 off. T2 in the BB. K6Q flop ellan bets 200 and takes it.

SB brings me Q3 off. Patience, patience....grrrr. 89 off.

Blinds will soon be 75/150 and we are still 10 handed!

J7 off and our first all-in. I fold (in case you were wondering) and let's see if it gets called. Yes, by ck2200. AK vs KK and the kings hold up. ck2200 now on 1532 and Mr. Complainer has gone.

K3/26/K4 all have raises before they get to me.

AQ vs AK all-in pre-flop and it comes AQQ! ck2200 on 2054 and strokeit is gone - the other chat complainer - with a parting flourish:

strokeit: *** u
strokeit: retard fish

64 off. My big blind next, I'm on 920, blinds 50/100, 8 runners left. Another one goes, down to 7. QJ in my BB but there's a raise from the chip leader so I let it go somewhat reluctantly.

Q3 fold to a raise. Flop comes TTJ and a raise takes it.

8T one limper. I'm tempted to make a move but don't - flop of 38K could have been ok for me. checked down and I would have won vs. A3.

T7/82/KT - I raise 300 and get called. 78Q flop I move all-in - he....folds. Back up to 1120. Blinds now 100/200 it's getting to be a bit of a crapshoot.

My BB next. 83 off. All-in called - 22 vs KQ, K on flop and another one goes.

SB = K7 soooted. One limper so I move all-in. called by 55 who hits trips. Down to 32 chips!

Now I get a hand - AJ. Fantastic timing on my part. 3T4 flop. J turn. 9 river and I quadruple up to 128 against AQ.

KT all-in again. A3J flop doesn't look good until a Q turn! I'm up to 192 as a T on the river splits it with another king (dam!). Ellan is now out. 5 left.

UTG with 73 and I can't cover the BB so I fold it. I'm all-in now with...T2 of hearts. Not too promising. Fold, Fold, rasie all-in, fold, I'm up against A3. No help and I'm out in 5th.

Hmmmm an interesting mix of passive play and incorrectly timed aggression! Had I not made the move with K7 I would more than likely have been all-in with AJ vs AQ and sucked out on him, putting me up with the chip leaders. Had I made moves earlier when everyone was being passive I might have picked up some chips to cushion against the K7 loss.

In somewhat less detail, I then played a £10 10-seater and a £20 6-seater. Since I've found out that I can't type and play at the same time very well (doesn't bode well for the whole blog project really) I'll give some edited highlights!

Much looser games these two: someone gone by hand 5. I'm being much more aggressive and it seems to be working (hitting 2 pair with rags helps!). Get lucky with KT 3 hearts on A high flop (I have Kh) coming over the top of someone with A9 (9 is a heart) who calls me - turn another heart.

AJ vs A9 and I know someone out who leaves with the charming epithet "FU losers" in the chat. Odd how the people left in the tournament are the losers - how does that work!?

Chip leader with 3 to go on 6 hander. One guy down to 308 chips with 75/150 blinds. He's all-in on his big blind so we both call and check it down - and he makes a straight. Wins the next one too against the other player and is now in 2nd place.

Ten hander - 692 flop I've got TT. There's a raise and re-rasie. I fold.

Down to 2 on 6 seater - I've made the $$

KT vs K7 split pot. Dam.

AA vs AK. 9TJK4 board and I finish 1st winning £90.

Back to the 10 seater and there's still nobody out. I haven't played a hand for a couple of circuits so should have a tighter image than the first few hands!

Blinds now 50/100, I'm on 1472 and there are 7 people left. BS = 2807, SS = 200. Towards the end of this level I'm going to start getting frisky - no point in waiting until it's obvious what's going on!

Q2 on my BB and UTG makes it 150 to go - not much point in trying anything there...

Call the SB with 75 off. Flop K62 - chip leader makes a min raise but even Ace high is beating me and he's shown he'll stick it in with marginal hands.

A7 clubs - a raising hand. Chip leader makes min raise, I re-raise to 350. He calls. AJ5 flop, I bet he folds. I'm now 2nd in chips with 1797.

A6 make it 400 to go. Short stack calls all in with A5 and I take him out (but people have seen what I'm raising with !).

Down to 5. 3107, 2322 (me), 1432, 1410, 1329.

Fold 46 to a 3xbb raise only to see a 253 flop. Still 3 spades so dangerous!

Chip leader loses A8 vs AK.

87 spades in BB. I check. QJ4 flop, SB bet I fold.

A8 in SB. Button limps, I raise 500, BB folds, button thinks and calls. 9K5 I check, button bets 100, I call. Turn K. Check, bet 100, call. River 5. My Ace is probably good if only for a split pot so I bet 300 and he folds.

77 one limper, all-in they fold. I'm now chip leader, still 5 left. Blinds now 100/200.

Short stack on the BB is all-in with 3 others. JJ8 flop. Check, check and someone bets 600. Fold, fold and he's bet with KT. SS has A3 and it holds up! Is he unaware of the "convention" of checking these things down in a tourney? The other player in goes off on one in the chat window. Hey, the guy paid his money he can play how he likes. A few hands later he busts the short stack anyway (A3 vs JJ makes a straight on the river) so he got the chips in the end!

Down to 4. Bubble time.

Down to 3 and I'm chip leader with 5845.

Lose KT vs. 55 but still in front.

88 in BB. Button raises, I come over the top, called all-in with 33. Down to 2.

Final hand of the h/u comes quite soon with 43 vs 82 pairing the 4.

1st for £50.

Summary: Buy-ins £22+£11+£22=£55, winnings £0+£90+£50=£140.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home