Friday, June 09, 2006

Session 7 - Dreamteam week 5

Blogger seems to be down tonight so some quick notes in Textpad and I'll upload them later.

151 runners this week, but no Ariston for the last longer bet.

KK early on just gets the blinds and a couple of limpers.88 doesn't improve.KQ raise 3xBB, two callers, bet JT4 high flop and take it.

84, Q8, T8 take it with early raise. A8, A5, T5,Q6.

Mark out in 137th when he hit nut flush on the turn and the river filled the other guy up.

Disaster strikes - the electrician has just cut the mains cable and all the electrics have gone off. Not a problem for the laptop but the broadband has gone down. A bigger problem is now Kirsten (my betrothed) thinks it's all over so we should go for a curry - a takeaway is a good compromise!

Crutchley (Dave from Gutshot) is on my right and seems to be getting a bit lively - raising my blind when folded round to him.

AJ soooted...but I lose 600 to AQ.

Next hand, AQ...rasie get called, all-in on turn, big dwell up and he calls, with AQ.

Blinds 50/100 stack 1467.50

I pick up 99 and bet 300 rugrat calls. The flop comes J53 and, as Howard would say, "why be afraid of an overcard?" so I bet 700. Rugrat dwells up and then re-raises but I only have 350 left so I call. He has 55. Turn 9. Up to 2785!

John (mikjagger) is out - 115th hit top pair but the other guy hit 2 pair on the river.

1st break and we've 4 left:
Eugene aka cochise77 (9th 5225)
Dean aka mrlaw1 (23rd, 4220.96)
me (44th, 2785) and
Darren aka dazzler (101st, 1240).

Blinds at restart 75/150.

AT, 450 raise takes the blinds
99 - 2 limpers so I put them all in for 1200, and they fold.

As9s BB, UTG min raises and gets one caller so I call but fold to a KJ8 flop raise.
K3, 22 on the button...but there's an all-in before me so I fold. Q9, A9.

Now the broadband has gone down (something to do with sky box being repaired this morning I suspect).

Daz out in 91st (20 points) (AK sooted lost to 44 which called 1600 pre-flop!)...

84 spades in BB, 1 limper but mid position raise so I fold. TJK flop 2 spades...but I would have had to fold to the betting. AQ in small blind, UTG min-raise (he's just lost set on set so may be tilting) but this is how I went out last week! Anyway I push and he folds. Up to 3260.

Cochise out in 88th (40 points).

I take a speculative flop for 900 with 78 suited against 1 all-in and 1 caller, but even though I hit a 7 on the flop and we check it down I lose to the all-in JT which hits a J.

Blinds now 150/300, I raise with AJ and take my stack up to 2445.

A9 in sb and the BB has 1500. If it's folded to me I'm raising but there's a mid position raise so I lay it down. Turns out mid position has AK but the BB calls with JJ and hits trips! That mid position raise saved me a bundle there!

Not much happening for me but Dean (mrlaw1) is the chip leader with 11k.

33 in BB, call min-raise, flop of A45 but can't call an all-in.
44 on SB but big mid-pos raise.

Down to 1698 so M= 3.5 - got to make some moves.

AJ diamonds...called by The Math with A5 but KQQQ6 flop means a split pot.
QQ - UTG raise from FoxyAngel, I re-raise all-in which is called and has KKQ turn. Phew!
88 in SB...Foxy raises 1100 all-in, I call, BB calls and then bets Q high flop. I fold and he has QJ. Should have come over the top instead of just calling. Damn, big mistake there and now down to 2840.

KJ, one limper (burn77 who is very loose) so I push...called by 99 (The Math again) and it's all over - out in 60th for 150 points.

Perfect timing however as the takeaway curry has just turned up!

Ah, that's better - lamb madras, naan bread and a beer.

Dean going great guns - chip leader with 39 left on 23k. However an hour-long card drought brings him down to 13k in chips and the blinds are 800/1600 with a 100 ante so he has to make a move soon. Eventually he goes down JJ vs KK, out in 15th for 800 points and £15.10!

Team score of 1010 not great but not a complete disaster either - should keep us in the top 5-10.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lively? Pah!! I only played 6 hands the whole tournament.

Admittedly the one or 2 times i did raise your blind i did have filth (AQ, 99 etc) and of course the trusty old 'running into quads when you try to buy a pot with a shortstack and 2nd pair' move hit me 'yet again'...

BTW There's probably quite a few Daves at gutshot. I've only been there 4-5 times in the last 2 years since I spent my whole bankroll on an MA (fat lot of good that's done me so far). How often are you there?

Loved watching your suckouts. I know we all moan about RNGs and badbeats all the time, but there's often something poetic about the timings.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Tall Mat said...

It's amazing how different people perceive different things - I was writing the blog as I went along and I think you'd raised the pot before then raising my BB. Of course later on I did see you were actually playing decent cards but I generally don't go back and "rewrite history" as I'm just trying to record my thoughts as the game goes on.

I like to think I have a healthy degree of realism about the quality (or lack thereof) of my game - I do ok but I also do some dumb things and sometimes get lucky. Gotta love those 2 outers though...!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home