Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Session 4 - The rebuild begins...

Not much of live blogging here more of an indication of where the "steady" money comes from - $1/2 and $2/4 NLHE and PLO.

Couple of hands of note I remember from a couple of hour long sessions:

1) I have K8 in the big blind and I check to see a flop of K83. Somehow the SB and I get all the money in and he was slow playing AK. Somehow an A on the river and I've lost $160 on a nothing hand.

2) I call a 5xBB raise from Taffstour on a $1/2 NLHE table on Ladbrokes with pocket fives. Flop comes 665, I check, he bets $14, I raise to $28 and he moves all-in. Now, last time I was in this sort of situation my opponent had 55 and I had 65 which made me pause for a second. I think I typed "mmmm" into the chat but couldn't put him on 66 or 65 given his pre-flop raise so called and he had JJ and my fives held up. On reflection the "mmmm" comment could have come across as the on-line equivalent of a slow-roll which it wasn't meant to be - so if you're reading this Taff no hard feelings I hope!

I can't quite decide whether I'm getting the hang of PLO or not. I certainly make a load fewer fishy plays than I did 6 months ago, and am generally coming out ahead, but I'm sure I've got a long way to go yet.

Added into the cash game mix was a quick £10 STT with Dazzer (who is the captain of our DreamTeam league team). A right muffing by me with 4 people left (I push with A8, got called with AJ, flop A84, turn J, river 8!) means I scrape 2nd for £30.

After all that ended up around $250 up on Betfair and $400 up on Ladbrokes, repairing some of the damage done on Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home