Friday, February 16, 2007

Playing above your bankroll....

Hmmm, what is the required bankroll to play at a given level? I have heard between 10 and 20 buy-ins is a minimum, so playing $5/10 NLHE and PLO probably isn't a good idea with a 5k bankroll! Ah well, it is exciting.

For example...sat down at a $3/6 PLO table with $600, a little while in holding JJxx saw a flop of J72 rainbow, and somehow(!) all the money goes in against someone with bottom set. River comes the case 2...eugh. Couple more like that and I'm $1,500 down, so I do the only sensible thing and join a $5/10 NLHE table for $1,000. 6th hand in on the BB I have 87 suited, so call a $35 button raise. Flop 872 rainbow. Raise, re-raise, all-in, call. He has AA. River an A. Ended the session "only" $500 down which was a result really all things considered. Still, it wasn't all bad luck...JJ in the big blind with a $650 stack, Dextsiegler raises from the SB and my notes say "goes all-in light pre-flop". Well, you can imagine the rest: raise, re-raise, re-re-raise, all-in, call and he has KK. Spiking a J on the flop did elicit some comments in the chat window...

Played the DreamTeam again last night. Having gone out early with AA vs. 77 on a 773 flop (not my best moment) the previous week I wanted to do well. 170 runners and I ended up coming 20th. The hand that did for me was TT vs AQ for 80% of my stack - the cut off had raised and I came over the top, only for the SB to push all-in. Winning that would put me in chip lead and until the river it was looking good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home